Linux-router is a bash script. All it takes is one command to set up Linux as a router. Ability to provide Internet access and create WiFi hotspots. Can also be used to set up networking for virtual machines or containers.
dnsmasqwait. Both setting and undoing require only one command or one simple operation.
- Create a NATed subnet
- provide internet
- DHCP server (and RA)
- Specifies the DNS assigned by the DHCP server to the client
- domain name server
- Specify upstream DNS (a common DNS proxy)
- IPv6 (behind a NATed LAN, like IPv4)
- Create a WiFi hotspot:
- channel selection
- Select Encryption: WPA2/WPA, WPA2, WPA, No Encryption
- Create the AP on the same interface as the internet (usually requires the same channel)
- Transparent proxy (redsocks)
- Transparent DNS proxy (hijacking port 53 packets)
- Detect NetworkManager and make sure it doesn’t interfere (handle interface (un)managed state)
- Many instances can be run to create many different networks. It has instance management function.
#Linuxrouter #Homepage #Documentation #Downloads #Set #Linux #router #command #News Fast Delivery