Calculate Linux is a Linux distribution optimized for rapid deployment in organizational environments. It is based on the Gentoo Linux project and includes many preconfigured features.
Calculate Linux is released in five ways. Calculate Linux Desktop (CLD), Calculate Directory Server (CDS), Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS), Calculate Scratch Server (CSS), and Calculate Linux Container (CLC).
Calculate Linux 23 is officially released, the updates are as follows:
- All desktop environments have been updated: KDE Plasma 5.25.5, Xfce 4.18, MATE 1.26.0, Cinnamon 5.6.5 and LXQt 1.2.
- A new server flavor, Calculate Container Manager, has been introduced for running LXC containers.
- A new tool has been added, cl-lxc, allowing the creation and updating of Calculate Linux containers.
- The cl-update tool now has mirror selection for binary packages.
- Portage path changed to /var/db/repos/gentoo.
- The new installer comes with a password complexity check.
- nano is replaced by vi, included in the busybox package.
- Better detection of proprietary Nvidia drivers.
Update announcement: https://forum.calculate-linux.org/t/meet-calculate-linux-23/11298
#Calculate #Linux #released #Gentoobased #distribution #News Fast Delivery