Transmission 4.0.0 has released its first beta version. The announcement reads that this version has been actively developed for over a year since the 3.0 release, contains numerous changes, and has more than 1,000 commits.
Download address: https://transmissionbt.com/download
Transmission is an open source BitTorrent client that supports macOS, Windows and Linux platforms. It is characterized by a simple and beautiful interface, fast speed, light weight, privacy protection, and many other rich functions.
Optimize resource usage:Less memory footprint and lower CPU cycles
- This release includes extensive code analysis and improvements to fix inefficient code and memory usage. Compared to 3.00, CPU cycles and memory footprint are reduced by 50% and 70% respectively
- Remote control GUI (transmission-qt & transmission-web) now uses RPC API “table” mode, which reduces payload/bandwidth usage
- RPC payloads are now compressed using libdeflate, which is highly optimized and much faster than the zlib library
The community is more active:Significantly faster response to bug feedback and code submissions
- Transmission responds much faster to bug feedback and code submissions than in the past
- Attracted a new batch of contributors
- Transmission 4.0.0-beta.1 includes over 300 new community commits (click here to view)
- Documentation has been migrated to
transmission/transmissioncontributors can submit PRs to improve it
Use modern code:Rewrite in C++
- Project code has been migrated from C to C++. In the process, the team removed thousands of lines of custom code and switched to standard C++ tools, reducing the core code size by 18%.In addition, through extensive refactoring of the core code repository to make it more testable and maintainable
- GTK client ported to gtkmm
- Unit tests have been extended and ported to Google Test. Clang sanitizer builds run during CI
- The core library has been fuzzed
- Transmission now uses Sonarcloud, Coverity, LGTM and clang-tidy static analysis for new code. Fixed hundreds of code warnings compared to Transmission 3.00.
Other new features
- Support for BitTorrent v2 torrents and hybrid torrents
- Support settings can be used to announce a “default” tracker for all public torrents
- Newly added torrents can start immediately and verify fragments on demand without the need for full verification before starting seeding
- Added option to omit potentially identifying information such as user agent and creation date when creating a new torrent
- Rewritten web client to work on mobile devices
- Specifying a block size is now supported when creating a new torrent
- Support IPv6 block list
- As of 4.0.0-beta.1, Transmission uses semver for version control
See the release note for details.
#Transmission #beta1 #released #News Fast Delivery