Zulip Server 6.0 is now published. Zulip is an open source team collaboration tool, a modern team chat application designed for real-time and asynchronous conversations, supports quick search, drag and drop file uploads, image previews, group private messages, audible notifications, missed email message reminders with desktop applications etc.
The specific updates are as follows:
- Users can now mark messages as unread.
- Added support for viewing read receipts, and a setting to allow organizations and individual users to disable them.
- Added new compose box button that navigates to the conversation being composed when different than the current view.
- Added a button to scroll to the bottom similar to
EndA shortcut that only appears when scrolling with the mouse.
- Added support for up to 2 custom profile fields that are highlighted in the user’s profile summary popup, and added support for the new Pronouns custom field type designed to take advantage of it. Redesigned custom profile field management UI.
- The left sidebar has been redesigned to better organize pinned and inactive streams, highlight topics that users are mentioned in, and better promote streams that current users can subscribe to.
- The private messaging experience in the left sidebar has been redesigned to make browsing conversations more ergonomic, with a usage pattern similar to browsing threads in the stream.
- Improved “Recent topics” and renamed it to “Recent conversations”, and added private messages in the view. Timestamp links now go to the latest news in a thread, arrow key navigation is improved, threads with unread mentions are now highlighted, and many other bug fixes or minor improvements.
- Messages with 3 or fewer emoji reactions now display the name of the person who reacted next to the emoji. This way, in the vast majority of cases, there is no need to mouse over the emoji’s reactions to find out who reacted.
- Replaced the previous “Unavailable” status with the more useful and intuitive “Go invisible” feature.
- The right sidebar now displays user status messages by default, with an optional compact design.
- Enhanced public access options to skip login page by default, support switching themes and languages, and added many other UI improvements.
- The incoming webhook integration now supports filtering which classes of events are sent to Zulip; this is very valuable when third-party services do not support configuring events to be sent to Zulip.
- Added support for Ubuntu 22.04.
- Support for Debian 10 and PostgreSQL 10 has been removed as their upstream end of life is nearing.
- New integrations: Azure DevOps, RhodeCode, wekan.
Update instructions: https://github.com/zulip/zulip/releases/tag/6.0
#Zulip #Server #Released #Open #Source #Team #Collaboration #Tool #News Fast Delivery