Unclickable Featured Image
If your theme makes thumbnail pictures links (which casuses a useless refresh on click),
use this plugin to disable that. That’s it. Once enabled, it will make every featured image
(on a post/page) unclickable.
If you have any requests, bugs, or improvements, leave them at the GitHub for this plugin
GitHub repo link
1. this repository
2. Upload the ‘unclickable-featured-image’ folder to your webserver (it’s the whole repo)
3. Place the ‘unclickable-featured-image’ folder in the ‘/wp-content/plugins’ folder
4. Activate the plugin from the WordPress admin console
5. Test your site. If it does not work, try the settings page under Settings > Unclickable Featured Image Settings
1. Install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
2. Activate the plugin from the WordPress admin console
3. Test your site. If it does not work, try the settings page under Settings > Unclickable Featured Image Settings
Why would I use this?
A select few themes make their thumbnails clickable (like the title of the page) and cause
a redirect to the current page. This plugin removes that without modifying the theme itself.
How do I know if the plugin is working?
The easiest way is to hover over a thumbnail and look at where the link points (usually
shown in the corner of your browser). If the plugin is active, the link will point